Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Happy Summer Solstice!!

Wow look at me 2 posts in one month!! Can't believe we are nearly at the end of June! yikes and here I thought once I retired I would have all this time on my hands to create and garden and such!! But yet it seems as though there is never enough time at all!!! I have been trying to stay busy though! We had a slight heatwave for nearly 10 days here (we actually set a record!!) from about the 9th till just this past weekend! Plus we have had no rain by us for nearly 3 weeks and now we only got 1/2" this past weekend so watering my poor flower pots several times a day and the garden as well! Happy to say though it all seems to be hanging tough and even the cukes and squash so far are doing well! I have managed to keep the slugs from eating them and have had 2 days where nothing has been dug up and or out of the garden!! Yipeee hurrah!! So I have some more garden pics and my little bunny rug is finished hooking (yes I do still need to bind her too!!) and working on my sheep rug that is also from Maria Barton of Star Rug Company! I also took a fab shading class with dip dyes by Connie Bradley from Wool Yankers (shes on FB!!) and have that in progress as well! Oh my yes that is actually all a #3 cut too!!
So I hope this finds others staying cool in the major heat wave on the west coast!! ....Guess that means we can't really complain about ours as we were only in the 90's!! So now without further ado here are some pics and more again soon! Thanks for stopping!










2 comments:

  1. Love the garden pics and also so love the colors of your rug. Your are doing a great job! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about retirement. I'm not accomplishing half what I thought I would!
    Your gardens look great and your rugs are too sweet. Now that 3 cut ~ WOW!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete